- Breathe – Does this one seem too easy? Refocusing your breath can bring you back to center, help you feel present, and even detoxify you. In a moment of distraction, it can even help you refocus your concentration. So give yourself some space, breathe it in.
- Connect – Have you spent time with a friend lately? Make time to connect with someone in front of you, even if its means vulnerability in making a connection with someone you don’t know well – I tend to believe we are all worth getting to know.
- Feel Something – Have your favorite comfort food today. Listen to a song you love all the way through. Take a bubble bath – the hotter the better. You have five amazing senses, light one of them up! Let yourself really experience something, even if its just for one, luscious, self involved moment.
- Permission – Give yourself permission to use your freedom. Everyday we have the opportunity to make choices, use yours – even if the reality of that, “Yes”, scares you to death. This also means the permission to let go, to forgive, or the freedom to just say, “No”.
- Gratitude – On our most stressful day, finding a moment of thanks – even if for a lesson learned, helps us live our blessings and grow from set backs and challenges.
Written by Amanda Harper
Amanda Harper is a 28 year old creative living in San Francisco, California who write and speaks on things driven by faith, fueled by passion, and led in generosity. She is a lover of music on vinyl, a good story, and all things brunch.